Hormones regulate various bodily functions, including appetite, sleeping patterns, metabolism, heart rate, mood, and stress. Although hormones should be in balance to lead a healthy life, like many other aspects of life, they frequently surge or drop, which can have a significant impact on the skin. Hormonal imbalance occurs not just because of external factors but because of internal factors. Hormonal secretion itself is abnormal these days because of an unhealthy lifestyle. For any skin problem, there can be various underlying causes. One of the most common causes is hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalance can result in signs like oily skin, acne, dry skin, and stressed sensitive skin.
Common causes of hormonal imbalance:
- Hormone therapy
- Cancer treatments such as chemotherapy
- Tumours, whether cancerous or benign
- Pituitary tumours
- Eating disorders
- Injury or trauma
- Health conditions like thyroid problems and diabetes
5 Warning signs of hormonal imbalance causing skin problems:
- White or black colour patches are around the neck, chest, back, and arms and these patches are not itchy. Sometimes pale or yellow-coloured skin is also formed as a sign of either thyroid or diabetes. When blood vessels go through changes due to hormonal imbalance, skin appears to be pale and waxy.
- Excessive acne is not typical for that individual or that age group: Estrogen and progesterone are the two female hormones that influence the menstrual cycle of the woman which increases the production of sebum, natural oil of the skin, which clogs skin pores and causes excessive acne. Even among men, excessive release of the hormone testosterone affects the oil glands and produces excessive sebum, which leads to acne breakouts. Mostly, acne caused by hormonal changes appears on the forehead, chin, and nose.
- Excessive facial hair growth: In females, hirsutism, extra hair growth often arises from excess male hormones called androgens.
- Darkening of skin at the neck: If the production of any reproductive hormones like estrogen decreases then the sebum oil production decreases leading to dry skin. Your skin becomes rough and flaky.
- Multiple and wide stretch marks: Genetics and the degree of stress on the skin can impact the elasticity of the skin. The level of the hormone cortisol also plays a role in stretch marks. Cortisol is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands that weaken elastic fibers in the skin
Homeopathy Treatment for Hormonal Imbalance
Homeopathy treatment for Hormonal imbalance is safe, effective, and free from side effects. Homeopathy treatment remedies work from the root cause of the problem and correct them to get the best results.
Constitutional Homeopathy Treatment for Hormone Imbalance
At Homeocare International, Our expert homeopathy doctors treat Hormone Imbalance in both men and women using Constitutional Homeopathy Treatment based on the symptoms and severity of the condition and also based on the theory of individualisation to regularise hormone secretion and prevent complications associated with it and improve the overall health to avoid further complications associated with hormonal imbalance.
For more information on homeopathy treatment for Hormonal Imbalance at Homeocare International, please call our toll-free number 1800-102-2202 and book your appointment today!