Progesterone is one hormone present in both males and females that is responsible for their fertility. However, progesterone plays a significant role in the female fertility as it enables a woman to get pregnant. If you are among those looking to increase your progesterone levels naturally, this blog can be of great help.
Why increase progesterone levels?
Progesterone is a hormone that helps in women to become fertile. In absence or when there are lower levels of progesterone, following may happen:
- Problems with fertility – If the progesterone levels are low, it may lead to problems in conceiving and thus leads to concerns with fertility.
- Dominance of Estrogen –Estrogen is another hormones that should work in synchrony with Progesterone. If there is an imbalance in the levels of the two, problems like weight gain, fibroids painful periods, to name a few may result. Thus estrogen should not dominate progesterone in case you want to get pregnant.
- Thyroid problems – As low progesterone impacts estrogen, it can in turn alter thyroid levels and thus lead to thyroid hormone imbalance.
- Anxiety, Depression and low moods – Progesterone is a hormone that acts as an antidepressant. The lower levels of progesterone may set anxiety, depression and low moods.
- Fluid retention – Progesterone acts as a natural diuretic and the lower levels of the hormone may lead to retention of fluids in the body thereby leading to swelling in fingers and sore breasts.
- Sagging of skin – Progesterone aids in production of collagen and for maintaining skin health. Lower levels may lead to sagging of skin.
- Hot flashes – Night sweats and hot flashes are two of the peri-menopausal symptoms and can be the symptoms of lower progesterone levels.
In order to avoid any of the above mentioned conditions, you would be advised by your doctors to have optimum progesterone levels.
Tips to increase progesterone levels naturally
Although there are no foods that directly secrete progesterone. However, there are foods that regulate the levels of estrogen which directly affects the progesterone levels, thus regulating the progesterone levels in your body. Following are the foods that aide in increasing progesterone levels:
- Fibers like Oats, Flaxseeds and Quinoa
- Foods containing Zinc such as Seafood, Nuts, Lean Beef and Pumpkin
- Vitamin B6 contained in fish, turkey, dry fruits etc.
- Foods rich in Magnesium like Spinach, Fish, Whole grains, nuts and seeds
- Vitamin C rich foods such as Oranges, Yellow peppers, Broccoli, Kiwi etc.
- L – Arginine contained in foods such as lentils, salmon etc.
Homeopathy to increase progesterone levels
Women who want to boost their progesterone hormones naturally, going with homeopathy treatment is the right option. As the treatment in homeopathy directly helps in reducing estrogen levels thereby regulating progesterone hormone required for child birth, homeopathy is indeed the right treatment. It is safe, long lasting and has no side-effects.
To know more about homeopathy treatment for progesterone regulation, write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org