Are you suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease/ Syndrome (PCOD/PCOS)?
If yes, then you might have multiple cysts in the ovaries that produce a large quantity of androgens like testosterone. Normally, androgens are secreted by the ovaries that are later changed to estrogens. However, when the ovaries secrete large quantity of androgens, it may hamper the normal reproductive function in women. For instance, the symptoms of PCOS include Irregular periods, polycystic ovaries and excessive production of androgens. Let’s take a closer look at how PCOS is caused, what its complications are and what is the safest treatment option available for PCOS.
Causes of PCOS
- Excessive insulin–Insulin is secreted by pancreas that allows cells to convert sugar into energy. However, when the cells become insulin resistant, they are unable to perform this conversion of sugar into energy and leads to increase in blood sugar levels. Owing to raised insulin levels the ovaries secrete androgens that can affect your reproductive system and can cause PCOS.
- Heredity – Certain genes can also be linked to developing PCOD.
- Low-grade Inflammation – Researches show that women with PCOS tend to have low-grade inflammation which stimulates ovaries to secrete androgens that can lead to cardiovascular problems.
- Excess androgens – The raised levels of androgens can lead to acne and hirsutism.
Complications of PCOS
The complications of PCOD can vary from:
- Premature birth or miscarriage
- Gestational diabetes
- Metabolic syndrome
- Sleep apnoea
- Anxiety, depression and eating disorders
- Uterine lining cancer
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
Homeopathy – Your safest treatment option for PCOS
If you are looking for a natural, long-lasting, non-invasive and safe treatment for PCOD, homeopathy is the right option for you. It is a holistic treatment that works on treating the root cause of the disease rather than suppressing the symptoms. This mechanism not only enhances the health of the individual but improves their general well-being. It also opens the doors to fertility and your dream of becoming a mother.
Know more about homeopathy treatment for PCOS at www.homeocare.in/pcos-polycystic-ovarian-syndrome.html