Hormones play a crucial role in performing various body functions. Not only do they have profound effect on your physical, mental and emotional health but also control your appetite, mood swings and your weight. What would happen if there is hormonal imbalance in the body? Certainly it will have a major effect on the body’s normal physiology.
Hormonal Imbalances can be caused due to hyper or hypothyroidism, tumors, consuming unhealthy foods, aging, stress, obesity, lack of physical activity, diabetes, to name a few. Some of the common symptoms of hormonal imbalance can be unexplained weight loss, drying of skin, skin rashes, difficulty sleeping, weak bones, insomnia, to name a few. However, what might be of interest to you is how we can balance body hormones in a natural way. Let’s find out the natural ways to balance your hormones.
Here are 12 ways by which you can balance your hormones:
- Engage yourself in regular exercise – Performing exercises like strength training, aerobics and walking are highly beneficial.
- Eat plenty of protein in your every meal – Not only does consuming protein diet triggers hormone production but suppresses diet by making you feel fuller.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates and sugar – High sugary foods may increase insulin level and reduce the insulin sensitivity of the body. So, it’s always better to avoid such foods.
- Manage your stress with exercise and Yoga – These exercises normalize cortisol levels and your stress
- Eat healthy fats – Consuming healthy fats stimulates production of hormones and normalizes hormone levels in your body.
- Neither overeat nor under-eat – Both Overeating and undereating lead to hormonal imbalance. You should aim to consume about 1200 calories per day.
- Drink green tea – Green tea increases insulin sensitivity and lead to lower insulin levels in the blood.
- Consume fatty fish often as long chain omega-3 fatty acids lower cortisol and epinephrine levels, decrease insulin level as they increase insulin-sensitivity.
- Get high quality and consistent sleep as poor sleep can lead to increased insulin resistance and production of stress hormone.
- Keep away from sugary beverages – These beverages have been linked to insulin resistance and can lead to higher insulin levels in your body
- Eat a high-fiber diet – Consuming high fiber diets make you feel full and cleanse your Gastro-intestinal passage.
Consume eggs as and when you feel like having as they are amongst the most nutritious foods.